Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So cute just before bedtime on Christmas Eve. I made pj's for their animals that matched the ones I made each girl.
they liked their skirts that I made them. I'm go glad (they have good twirling ability, I'm told)

Little Bit as Mary, the angel wouldn't hold still long enough for a picture. LIttle Bit kept her costume on for quite a while after the "manager scene" Hopefully I'll got those pictures soon!

A few pictures from our holiday. We went to the Mayor's parents house on Wednesday, or should I say shuttled there by the Mayor's dad because we couldn't drive anywhere in our cars! Too much snow! Thank goodness for the Subaru! Shortly after getting there, we got a call that our power was out. I'm told be neighbors that it was off and on through out the night and into the next afternoon. We came home around 3 on Christmas Day and had power and enjoyed another round of opening presents. On Christmas morning at about 3 am I kept hearing someone saying "mom, mom, mom - is it morning yet?" NO GO BACK TO SLEEP I wanted to say! Instead, no not yet, go back to sleep. But alas, sleep was not to be had for another hour or so. Finally they went to sleep around 4:30 and slept til their cous' was up and ready to go! Little Dude was happy to get up, I think Little Bit would have slept for another hour at least - she had very little sleep during the night, but she was woken up too - we didn't want to leave her downstairs by herself. The girls are still catching up on their sleep. And the snow is finally melting! Before the rain began, the drifts on either side of the driveway were as tall as the Mayor...close to 2 1/2 - 3 feet maybe in the non-drifts. Today the snow is wet and icy and and the roads are a mess. So we are still stuck at home. And my house still looks as though a small hurricane went through it. Ahhh the joys of Christmas!

No comments: