I think Little Dude will have 3 weeks off of school for Christmas. She hasn't had school all week. I don't think she'll go tomorrow. The first two days were because school was 2 hours late(snow and icy roads), so no morning Kindergarten. Wednesday school was cancelled because it *might* snow - it didn't . I was slightly annoyed that school was cancelled for snow that was supposed to fall during the night and never came.... Today we woke up to more than 8 inches this morning(on top of the Mayor's car) and it is still snowing. With all the ice everywhere lately, and Little Dude asking if she could ice skate on one of those drainage ponds that had a layer of ice over the top, (NO WAY!!!) it reminded me of a time when I was younger and we lived in North Dakota. (we still had to go to school in the snow - I don't remember it being cancelled very often. I do remember walking home in the snow.) My brother and I would jump off the second story deck into the snow below - until we got caught. At school they would flood the ball fields so they would freeze and we could ice skate during PE and recess. I loved living there. It rarely gets this cold in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoyed candycane hot chocolate and mini cupcake donuts when we came inside today. Now to start the holiday baking...
I tried to upload a video, but it isn't working....maybe later.
No comments:
Post a Comment