We have lots to be thankful for, as always. Tonigth for FHE we tried to teach the girls that one way to show our thanks is to give back to others who might not be as fortunate. As we went into a local store and choose a tag from the giving tree, we tried to explain what it meant and why we were doing what we were doing. Does this all make sense to them I wondered????? Then from the back seat I hear - "Mom, will our names be on the tree?" Nope - I guess we didn't explain that so well. We'll talk about it more tomorrow and hopefully everyday as Christmas draws near. I really want my children to understand what Christmas is all about - not the toy catalogs that can't be put away soon enough or long enough. I want them to have a love for giving and helping others. I want them to really see others as the Lord sees them. I want them to love to give more than they love to receive. I want them to have hope and believe in Santa, not because of the toys, but because of the feelings of love and joy that comes with "Santa". I want them to enjoy giving like Santa does. Maybe they are a little young....
2 comments:
Not too young - it is easier to learn a concept if you do it by repetition. WTG =)
wish we could have had Turkey day with you guys, but Christmas will be WAY better!!! can't wait to play!
Post a Comment