Ok - i thought this only happened if you had a brother. My girls don't have a brother and yet -this keeps happening! I'm not sure why or how - but this is two barbies in two days... I think I'm going to take away *my* barbies that I have out for them to play with - they can break their own barbies! (did you know that today's barbie is fatter than the ones I played with? it's true - the clothes I had for my old barbies are a little small on today's barbie)
Other tidbits from today - Little Bit has decided she only likes her noodles "n*ked" what's up with that - I made stuffed shells (one of my favorites and often requested by Little Dude, but I don't make them often) and she asked for a n*ked one. Um, ok I guess.
Little Dude was sent home early (ok, early for the rest of the school and late for her) due to the flooding.... so this means that she stays for lunch (usually she doesn't), I didn't send a lunch with her because I didn't know until after she was on her way to school about the "emergency half day closure" So after talking with a friend who had called the school, I took a lunch to her(following the directions the school gave to my friend). Guess what - she came home with it - the sub didn't let/take/know/whatever get the kiddos lunch! Um, something isn't right with that...all the other children at the school got to eat lunch, these little kindergartners didn't get to, now they weren't starving, they do get a morning snack, but if the rest of her class is like my little one, she eats as soon as she gets home. she came home an hour later than normal and was hungry. So i'm guess I'm not really concerned that she didn't get lunch at school, just that somehow, I think something failed - some point of communication. What if it was something bigger. I think somehow a lot of communication was lacking - maybe this is how it works and i'll get used to it, but she's my first little one at school! I don't know all the protocols people! Someone at the school was calling parents, but I wasn't home - I didn't get a call on my cell and the Mayor didn't get a call, what if I didn't know. Why don't they call a secondary number that is listed? I know that is a lot of phone calls....but, ok - i'm done with this subject, I won't go on.
first came the snow and now the rains and the flooding... great. so far 2 of the 4 ways out of town are flooded...the others 'might' according to the city website close tonight. will we be an island again? no way in - no way out??????? hmm - we are good on groceries for while...
Have a most wonderful evening if you've stayed with me through all that!
1 comment:
Wouldn't it be nice to experience a 'normal' school year? No make up days, no emergency days, etc.
Post a Comment