Friday, July 23, 2010

what I've been up to...

It all began with the Turquoise mushroom fabric. Little Bit picked it up and sweetly said, "Mom - will you please make a blanket for me with this fabric - I just love it!" How could I resist?
of course, then I needed to make one for Little Dude - she picked out most of the fabrics for hers.
I just need to finish sewing the binding down.
One for my room - just the top is finished. I picked up batting yesterday, so it could be done soon. I want to make some coordinating pillows to give my room a little color and life!



This one is a work in process - it's for my mom. I've since added a border, well part of a border, getting the triangles to match up just right isn't my strength!
I have two more quilts ready to start cutting...I'm hoping to complete these 4 this summer and get the next two at least started!
Another happy note - little Man went to sleep on his own in his crib at 3:30 this morning and slept til 8! Woooo Hooooo! He used to be such a good little sleeper and for the past week or so, has been up all night long. No sleep for mom and dad!


3 comments:

jen said...

Those are beautiful! Have you ever thought about selling any?

Carrie Fowler said...

Gorgeous !

Now I need you to teach me how to make blankets like those !!!

Katie said...

I think I sew too slow to sell any. I've finished the binding on Little Dude's, and have the additional borders and back pieced on my moms. now to quilt them!