Sunday, February 15, 2009

We had a fun Valentine's Weekend, on Friday afternoon the girls and I made cinnamon rolls and delivered them to some of our friends. Saturday morning, we had cinnamon rolls with pink frosting and strawberries for breakfast. For dinner a heart shaped pizza, rootbeer, and valentine's candy. I had planned to make each of the girls a heart shaped chocolate cake, but with all the candy they got, I skipped it. They didn't miss it at all and it will funt o make them another time when they least expect it. I have never liked valentine's day - I've always thought it was on over-rated hallmark holiday. Even when I got married, it still wasn't a great holiday - we celebrated it cause we felt liek we had to??? But this year, it was fun, the girls were so excited to make valentines for their friends and we've been reading lots of valentine books. It was fun to make everything pink or heart shaped. I even find myself looking forward to it next year - what new fun things will we do - what did we do this year that can be carried over to other holidays (maybe cinnamon rolls???? I used two super easy recipes - yep I made a lot of cinnamon rolls - green tinted frosting for St. Patty's day?, blue or an assortment of pastels for easter? it could go on and on! Thanks Aut and Joanne for the recipes!)

2 comments:

The Mang Family said...

Pink cinnamon rolls sound yummy! I'll trade you some cake for some next time!

Emilee & Paul said...

Seriously the BEST cinnamon rolls I have EVER, EVER had!