little things like learning how to barbque so I don't have to wait for the Mayor to get home to start dinner. I made the yummiest ribs last night. I boiled them in rootbeer first for about 5 minutes and then put them on the grill and basted with a really yummy sauce. I did it all by myself - which is a HUGE feat for me. I'm afraid of the grill. I've had friends/ neightbors have bad accidents with the grill/propane tanks. But I love grilled food. My dad is a master griller - and well, I decided this week to not be afraid anymore. Granted I am using the grill that my parents left when they moved, umm 8 years ago and I have no idea how long they had it before they left. It's ummm, seen better days. However we have a brand new grill just sitting in the garage - it's been sitting there for a couple of months. The mayor got it for his birthday. I'm not sure why it is still in the garage and not being used, but until he decides to use it...there it stays.
Another happy little thing - my cupcakes. Mmmmmm - they were yummy. Mint chocolate chip and chocolate with cream cheese frosting. A not so happy thing about the cupcakes, Little dude was found stealing cupcakes. I'm not sure how many she had today... at least three. I was working on my sharing time and she climbed up onthe counter to get to them. I thought if they were covered, she wouldn't touch them. I told her they were for a family who just had a baby. Sorry, Joanne, there aren't enough left anymore. Not that I can totally blame her for that, but I left enough for them, just no extras! The cupcakes are now hidden out of sight. Hopefully she didn't see where I put them. I found her hiding under the desk licking off just the frosting and throwing the "cake" away. Oh - what to do! She was so cute - it was hard to scold her.
No comments:
Post a Comment