Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting ready

We've been busy getting ready for the baby. We painted his room and have it pretty much all set up - there are a few things missing, but there is still time. And just in case anyone is wondering, no we haven't picked a name, no we don't even have a list that we like yet, it's not even that we can't agree on a name, we just can't find one that either of us likes. I've been busy sewing, a stack of burp cloths, wash cloths (I love flannel wash cloths for a baby - they are super soft), a nursing cover, which the girls were grossed out by when i told them what it was - silly girls!

Blankets - I made the four flannel ones, the cute orange/green with turtles was made by my friend Jill.


today I made a diaper bag - I love it. I think it will be the perfect size. It has 5 pockets inside and 5 outside. I even put a zipper in - correctly - on the first try! I wish I would have moved the stripe down on the front, but oh well. I found the pattern here.


the front



the back

Last month I made a quilt, I love it - the actual quilting isn't the best, but I love the fabrics and the pattern which I found here - I just made mine smaller.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I am so impressed! Can't wait for him to get here!

{autie} said...

love the quilt, Katie...so fun. We can't wait to see HIM! a little Ellsworth boy! woo hoo!

Jen D. said...

You are amazing! These things are darling. I just love the quilt. ro